Various factors are responsible for causing heartburn such as overeating, eating certain foods and beverages, and even exercise. Heartburn gives a sense of burning inside the system. This article will help you understand more clearly about this problem of Heartburn.
What is Heartburn?
Heartburn is popularly known by the other names also such as acid reflux and acid indigestion. A burning sensation can be felt in the chest.
Here are the symptoms are given below:
• Pain in the chest may appear on bending, lying down or after heavy meals. But it is not necessary that it should be heartburn only. Consult your doctor in such case.
• Shortness of breath.
• Burning sensation in the throat or experiencing a sour taste in the back of the throat.
• Dizziness and cold sweat.
• Difficulty in swallowing food.
• If there is acid reflux near the larynx (voice box) in the throat, it may cause coughing or hoarseness.
What is Acidity?
A disorder of the stomach is known as an Acidity or Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
Symptoms of Acidity
• Sleep disorder
• Bad breath
• Dry or a persistent cough
• Painful swallowing
• Regurgitation of food
• Sour taste
Heartburn Due to Acidity
When someone lies down right after eating a heavy meal, this may cause the acid to come out and even burn the throat, resulting in Heartburn.
Heartburn Not Related to Acidity
Home remedies can be put into action if the heartburn occurs due to indigestion.
Foods That Fight Heartburn
Fennel: Use of fennel can help in reducing acid reflux and improving digestion.
Broccoli: This food contains very low acid in it and would not cause acid reflux.
Quinoa: If you are looking for a low-acid food option, then this is the one. Your digestion gets improve and the body gets enough protein too.
Rice: This food helps in absorbing the excess acid and provides relief.
Bananas: Being easily digestible, it helps in relieving heartburn.
Ginger: It reduces acid reflux and improves digestion.
Apple juice: This can refresh the stomach and provides relief in Heartburn.
Dietician Sheela Seharawat at Diet Clinic is that one person who will help you understand what to eat and what not. Get in touch with us and get your customized diet plan now.