If you are experiencing excess stomach acid, then you are in a fix. Various health disorders may take place if not treated in time. By this article, you will have a knowledge in this regard more clearly.
What is Stomach Acid?
Digestion is possible only due to stomach acid or gastric acid. It also helps in killing the harmful bacteria. The hormone gastrin is produced by the stomach that further turns into producing hydrochloric acid. Hyperacidity occurs when the levels of acid increases. A person may suffer problems varying from mild to severe.
Causes of Excess Stomach Acid
- Diet: Untimely meals and unhealthy food are responsible for the production of acid in the stomach. This acid may get increased if you eat spicy foods or high-fiber foods. Keeping a long time gap between the meals also causes excess stomach acid.
- Alcohol: The stomach acid gets produced in excess and irritation occurs in the lining of the stomach upon drinking alcohol.
- Milk: Milk is a healthy component but it can produce acid in the stomach which results in heartburn.
- Age: If you are 50 or above in age, the production of acid remains high which leads to causing heartburn and acid reflux.
- Stress: Stress is one of the factors that give an invitation to the production of stomach acid in excess.
- Stomach cancers: Excess acid in the stomach may produce if you have a serious condition called stomach cancer.
Home Remedies to Reduce Production of Excess Stomach Acid
Dietician Sheela Seharawat of Diet Clinic will help you know about the foods that should be added to your diet plan and will help in reducing the production of stomach acid. Some of the foods that should be added are:
Remember, lack of acid in the stomach is also responsible for causing heartburn.